Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Rose Petal Dreams;

Outisde the moonlit sky is dark and not a single star shines, there are no clouds. It is but a vast canvas of  inky silk. The soft sound of music floats through the room as perfume fills the air, white wild flowers stand silently on the table as the candles flame dances. As I sip my mocha, the beautiful smell lingers around me.. Probably not the best time for a mocha, but what can one say? Life is too short to worry about sleepless nights.


I love....
Cherry Tea
Melted chocolate
Teacups
Strawberries in Rose water

As the soft scent of perfume flutters beside me as a dragonfly does a pond. Perfume can be a snapshot in time, it can carry a memory of a time long ago and can be the person you cherish. I constantly search for new scents that bring emotion, that has a life of its own. When searching for a new signature scent for yourself always remember the occasion, a light day time scent and a dramatic one for evening.. Although rules are there to be broken mon cheri's! Before choosing look around, the one to buy is the one you always come back to, the one that draws you in. 
For me nothing goes past Miss Dior Cherie or jean paul gaultier classique, although one of my dearest perfumes I adore is a Benefit Gina Perfume one that has oriental-woody notes such as: pink pepper, bergamot, tangerine, peony, raspberry, lily, Tonka, vanilla and patchouli. Feminine, Fragile yet seductive and sensual... One can also not go past Apres l'Ondee by Guerlain and Coco Mademoiselle another of my favourites.

As I sit here inspirations fill my mind, life is beautiful, there is beauty everywhere and inspiration under every petal.

I do believe there is a certain amount of femininity and a class and elegance that is not shown through clothing but through a lady and the way she acts being lost in today's society. Oui, thank goodness for the rights we have.. We now have choice. Yet I do feel that many modern woman take this too far, want to dominate, do everything a man can do, even through fashion, wanting to 'stand out', be centre of attention, to be loud... Woman are now agressive. As Marilyn Monroe once said "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it."

I am not encouraging woman to sit back and simply look pretty, one must not confuse femininity with weakness, there is an incredible power in true femininity.



Until Next time My darlings...

8 comments:

  1. Perfume is important to me too, but I dislike having a "signature scent." I have different perfumes for different moods (:

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi chica yeah i like the 1one the most tooo

    and thankyou very much you've made me happy =)
    ooh i love those drawings of those bottle i love art like that...mixed with watercolours...so pretty

    "I constantly search for new scents that bring emotion, that has a life of its own" - i like


    Shukura
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your words are just stunning - very lyrical and lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gooooorgeous post!
    These pics are exquisite!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your posts, you have a beautiful way of writing and lovely pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanyou you sooooo much chica xxxx


    yeah ....your have a way with words =)

    your just an amazing writer...is writing your passion?
    do you study English lang or literature...
    or is it just natural.

    IF i could write like that i would have gone into Journalism not photography lol

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So agree. I love that one of the things women have over men is our power with femininity.
    Ah and you're right, life IS too short to worry about sleepless nights! (Though I hope it isn't sleepless because of stress!)

    And my favorite perfume is still my lemon Carthusia from Capri!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss Dior Cherie is one of my favorite fragrances too!

    ReplyDelete